Sunday, January 11, 2009

Holiday Homesick

I love being on holiday. Being in a different location, seeing new things (especially through my camera lens) and generally not having to work. I do find however there comes a point in every holiday where you just want to go home. Sitting here left to my own devices this afternoon I find my thoughts going in that direction. I miss my bed, my apartment, my friends and my life in a way.
Holidays can fall into many categories and mine falls into the visiting holiday. Returning to somewhere that used to be home and catching up with all the people, places and things. I find this to be one of the most difficult holidays. Don't get me wrong, I am having a great time but being in a place where people know you leads to responsibilities not usually found on holiday. You must make time for everyone, everything and make sure people don't feel neglected. You also end up doing things that you don't necessarily want to do. Plans have to change....even when you don't want them to.

Sometimes it reminds you of feelings you had that made you move from there in the first place. I guess though when it comes to keeping other people happy sometimes you don't always get to be.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com