Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Countdown

Only a couple of days left of our holiday. In a way I am happy to be going home and back to my things (mostly my bed) but at the same time I don't want to leave. As good as it is to catch up with friends, the more people you see the more you don't want to leave.

Monday night we went over to the Rudrum's for a BBQ and some backyard cricket. The wind was blowing a gale so we all had to rug up but we still had a great time.

Tuesday Lindsay and I went to Hanami, the sushi place we used to go to when we lived here, for lunch. After completely stuffing ourselves we then walked around and I took some photos. I found this amazing wall in Mt. Lawley with all this cool graffiti. For dinner that night we went to Bibbik Chans with Janne, Glenn, Janelle, Gilly and Corey. The food was even better than I remember, especially the sago!!!

Lindsay, Gilly, Janelle, Corey, Glenn, Janne and I at Bibbik Chans

Wednesday Janne, Lindsay and I went shopping at Whitfords and had some lunch. That night we had a BBQ at Charlie's and Lindsay's cousin Casey, Uncle Frank and Casey's finance Adam came round. Casey and Adam are coming over to Canada in about four weeks so it will be fun to catch up with them again then.

Thursday we went down to Mandurah with Janne and visited with Nanny Irene. We went to a restaurant down by the water which was very nice. Then it was back to Irene's for the traditional Mandurah visit "photo shoot" and a comedy of errors as Lindsay tried to fix Irene's VCR and then show her how to use it. :)

Lindsay, Paul, Patrick, Bruce and Ed

That night we went over to Paul and Kelly's house for a BBQ. Bruce and Casey as well as Ed came over. I couldn't believe how big all the kids had gotten!! We had very yummy steaks cooked by Paul and of course lots of laughs.

Kelly, Casey and I

Yesterday was about 43 degrees! I had forgotten how hot 40+ could be. Lindsay and I went into the city as I needed to have my PR visa re-stamped into my new passport. Then we picked up a few things before giving into the heat and going home.

Lindsay and I went over the the Vlahov's for dinner last night. It was so good seeing them all again! Dinner was beautiful and we ended up sitting out back and talking till about 1:30am!! Hopefully they will all come and visit us in Canada really soon. After hanging out with them it really made me want to have a big family. Now to just convince Lindsay.... :)

Danielle, Lindsay, Me, Jon, Az and G
The boys try and break bottles

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com