Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A Griswold Start to Our Adventure


Holiday roooooaaaaad, Holiday roooooaaaad.....
Well we are on day four of our visit to the sun burnt country and things are beginning to look up. We flew into Perth on Monday morning and within a few hours made an unfortunate discovery...food poisoning is the shits. No laughter please.

Within a few hours of getting to home I began to feel nauseous and threw up. At first I figured it was just the long flight and lack of sleep. But it continued. Two hours later I couldn't be away from the toilet for more then a couple of seconds. That is when it hit Lindsay. I will spare you the gory details but by 8pm that night we were both worse for wear. Off to the after hours GP we went, we were given a quick shot and told to stick to ice cubes and nothing else. It continued through the night. By the next morning I could barely sit up. At 7am Lindsay felt it was time to go to emergency. Two hours later (trying to get comfy lying across three plastic chairs and keep everything in) I was admitted and put on a drip. In the end I needed two full bags of fluid to bring my heart rate and blood pressure back to normal. A fun start indeed.

Yesterday we finally made it on the plane to Adelaide, due to our stomach "trauma" we had to cancel our original flight the day before. Needless to say it was a quiet New Years for me but I fun one catching up with good friends, Carney and Davina.

My stomach has settled now and hopefully the rest of the trip will go well....fingers crossed.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com