Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Sunday Shooting and Sunshine

So last Sunday it was an absolutely gorgeous day and Sarah and I finally went out shooting again. Between all of our commitments lately we hardly ever seem to get out and shoot together which is a far cry from our minimum of once a week outings last spring/summer.

I had being eyeing this decaying old warehouse just off Main and Terminal every time I drove by so we hit that first. I seem to be going through a "urban decay" phase where all I want to shoot is decrepit buildings, peeling paint, broken windows and fire ravaged houses.
Of course in true Sarah and Jessie (aka Lucy and Ethel) fashion the area turned out to be a bit dodgier then I originally had anticipated. We kept the car close a) so we could make a quick getaway and b) so Lindsay would not kill us which helped our safety factor a little bit. We still ended up getting many looks and yells but the shots were worth it. I think next time we will have to go with a few other people as there was this even better area we wanted to hit but was a little bit too rough.

Also, when I say shooting I mean with cameras. For some reason everyone assumes we are out with hand guns. Really guys? We are out in rough areas with hand guns doing what? Playing Charlie's Angels? Do we really seem like those girls...wait don't answer that....

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com