Monday, February 2, 2009

Listed

Just after Christmas Ms Shannon tagged me in a list. Of course I didn't know this. One day I was perusing the blogs Beat follows, looking for something new and different and stumbled upon Shan's Smiles & Winks and BANG!! There I was. After being all flattered that she even knew I had a blog I thought oh no! now I have to step up to the challenge. So here it is.

The rules are,
Link to your tagger and list these rules on your blog. (see above)
Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog - some random, some weird (see below)
Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blog. (This is going to be hard as I only know a couple of bloggers and most of them have already done this). Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

[7 things about Shutter Pixie]

  1. I can't ride a bicycle. Not even a little bit. I had training wheels once but never got to the wind in your hair flying down the seawall bit. Some people have told me that it should be easier to learn now that I am older and have a better sense of balance. It is not. I have tried it. It ended in tears.

  2. I have irrational childlike fears about "things" (i.e. monsters, creatures, ghosts and psycho killers). I can't hang my feet off the bed because something might grab them, same goes for my arm, hand or fingers being over the mattress when I am in bed. I run full speed down hallways when I am alone and have to look behind me all the time because I swear I can hear people behind me.

  3. I love little toys, nic nacs, ornaments. This includes funky/odd dolls, finger puppets and vinyl toys from Japan.

  4. When I was a child I wanted to be black. I wanted dread locks and to be from New York. I preferred all my dolls to be black. I blame the Cosby show for this.

  5. I love needlepoint. You know, yarn, needle, canvas. I only like the ones with the patterns on them because counting stitches is too much like math, which I am ridiculously bad at.

  6. Most of my best friends are also members of my family. I guess they are usually the only ones who really get me.

  7. I believe that inanimate objects may have feelings and therefore always worry that I am hurting them. I have a hard time ever saying that I don't like an object in my home like my couch. Anything with a face is worse like dolls or stuffed toys. I feel bad when I pick one and leave the rest on the shelf. This also leads to not wanting to get rid of anything.
7 bloggers (ummm, 3 bloggers, I really have to expand my blogger circle of friends):
djbeat - for starting it all
Smiles & Winks - for tagging me
Sarah - because maybe this will make her finally write in her blog

3 comments:

gogo said...

I love Jessie's blogs!
The latest "sharing 7 facts about yourself" is hilarious because I found my self voicing the work "guilty" after a few of the seven:
1. Was it because I was so busy with our business that she can't ride a bike OR because I couldn't run fast enough holding on to the back;
2. This one isn't my guilt because I never hid under the bed or tried to scare her from dark corners! Honest!
6. I am proud to be included as one of Jessie's best friend as she is the best!
7. This one is totally me and I still make sure certain dolls and animals in our home are kept warm at night - what can I say...

djbeat said...

lol - i love that you sense that inanimate objects feelings! i have this weird feeling sometimes if i am reading a magazine on the toilet (ew how indelicate) anyhow - i get the feeling that the people in the magazine can see me & i have to close it if i have to 'make a face'...

Shutter Pixie said...

OMG!!! You get that too!!! I do the same thing!! And I have to put it at the back of the toilet when I am "done" as I think the covergirl ads are looking at me. Wow...we sound crazy!

 
template by suckmylolly.com